How do I get a wallet address?
Just figure out, what coin do you want to buy and seek for a stable wallet version. As a rule, each coin has its official wallet client.
Note that each wallet has its unique address or a tag with a private key that is required to restore your wallet if lost. Changelly never asks your private keys. Store them in a safe place and never show anyone. Once private keys are stolen, you wallet with all the coins will be lost forever.
What’s the recipient’s address?
In each transaction, there is always a sender and a recipient. The recipient’s address is the wallet address to receive money you want to buy. For example, if you want to buy Ethereum (ETH), in the field, you should specify the ETH wallet address.
In general, the recipient’s wallet address is the address we send coins bought, once a transaction is finished.
What is a hash?
A hash (or the tx ID) is a unique address of your transaction in a blockchain. Mostly, the hash is a combination of digits and lower case (upper in Ripple) letters that represents a proof that money is sent. Whenever you make a payment, you receive a hash displayed in your wallet. It looks like this:
Hash should be located in a blockchain. Our support team may ask you to provide a hash. Sometimes it’s required to find your payment and resolve your issues, if any.
How do I buy coins?
For all the coins available on Changelly, buying process is the same.
- Go to changelly.com and select the coin you want to exchange on the left and the coin you want to buy on the right and go next
- Check the amount specified and the amount you’re gonna get.
- Specify the recipient’s wallet address.
- Once again, check everything attentively. Note that the amount is estimated, so it may be more or less in the end of your transaction. If you’re OK with this, proceed to the next step.
- Now your transaction is created. You see a QR code and a wallet address below. This is the address you should send us your money to be exchanged. Go to the wallet from where you should send money and paste this address into a corresponding field. If you use a mobile wallet app, just scan the QR. Once we receive your money, we’ll exchange it and sent to the address you provided in the step 3.
- In your transaction history, you may see the status of your transaction. Once it’s finished, you’ll be informed. Usually it takes 5-30 minutes. In some cases, waiting time might be increased.
- After a transaction is finished, you get a receipt with an output transaction hash This hash is a proof that your transaction is finished.
What is the maximal/minimal amount?
Changelly doesn’t have amount restrictions. However, there are some nuances.
If an amount is too low, make sure that it will cover all the network fees a blockchain takes. It means that the amount you are going to send and the amount you are going to get should be enough to cover input and output network fees taken by a blockchain.
If your funds to be exchanged are insufficient, you will see a message like this.
Please stick with this recommendations. Otherwise, there is a high risk that your money will be lost.
For large amounts, there are no restrictions at all. You’re free to send any amount you want. Note that in this case the time of transaction processing will depend on the capacity of a blockchain and the amount of network fees set by your wallet.
What are network fees?
Each money sending process goes through a blockchain. The process requires a network fee. This is a commission a blockchain takes from the amount you and we send. This is why it is so important to include network fees in the amount you send and going to get. If the amount is too low to cover the fees, a transaction will fail.
How do I cancel my transaction?
Blockchain transactions are irreversible. Once money is sent, it cannot be rolled back. So if you are going to exchange cryptos, think twice and check attentively all the payment details prior to sending money.
Why is my final amount different?
All transactions take time to be processed (usually 5-20 minutes). For quite volatile currencies this time is crucial as the final rate may surprise you. This happens due to the fact that Changelly doesn’t fix currency rates.
When should I receive my money?
Changelly transactions take 5-20 minutes to be processed. If a transaction is large (over 1 BTC worth), processing may take longer depending on the size of your transaction and blockchain capacity.
Why is my wallet address recognized as invalid?
Changelly supports most of wallets. If your wallet address is recognized as invalid, there is always a reason:
- You confused Dash (DASH) with Dashcoin DSH). These are two different coins with two different amounts.
- You confused Factom (FCT) with Fantomcoin (FCN). Different currencies as well.
- Typo or character missing. Make sure that the address you specify matches the actual address of your wallet.
Why does my transaction take so long?
As a rule our transaction takes 5-30 minutes to be processed. It your transaction takes longer, this might be due to a wide range of factors.
- Blockchain overloaded. There are many transactions pending including yours. The issues takes place on the Bitcoin and Bitcoin based blockchains. All you have to do is to wait. The blockchain overload doesn’t depend on Changelly.
- Coin updates. We may turn off some coins to update a client. It will take some time. Once we turn it on, you will get your money.
- DDoS attacks. Any platform may experience such issues. In this case, all you have to do is wait.
- Read detailed explanation of each issue in this article: https://changelly.com/blog/about-delays/
Why is my transaction still waiting for payment if I’ve already paid?
This might be due to several reasons.
- Transaction hasn’t been included to a blockchain. Cryptocurrencies aren’t stable, so minor errors might occur. Either can we refund money or push a payment through if you provide the hash (a tx ID) of your transaction.
- ETC and ETH confusion. The addresses of Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETH) are of the same structure. If you send ETC or ETH, make sure that you’ve created an appropriate transaction on Changelly. For example, if you create an ETH to BTC transaction, make sure that you send ETH, not ETC. Otherwise your transaction will be stuck.
- Wrong XEM message. While sending XEM, make sure that you’ve put a correct message. It’s indicated here and looks like a combination of digits and letters. Messages like ‚Hey how are you‘, ‚I love Changelly‘ etc. are lovely but don’t work, unfortunately 🙂